Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blades of the Day

Starting with my black Russian 5/8" which I honed last night with a full Dilucot on the Nouvelle Vein alone. This should be an interesting test, never did that before.

Second blade is my new Revisor 6/8" which I just touched up on my Les Latenuese for 40 X strokes on water followed by 20 straight pushes on the hybrid side on water( of course).Then 25 laps on linen and 35 on leather. Popping hairs effortless and smoothly.

Shave report

Black russian

honed on Nouvell vein dilucot:

dissappointing, not quite sharp enough. Kind of did the job but not one or even two pass shave. Missed chin hair pretty badly.

30 x xtrokes on triangle les lat coticule. much better. 30 laps on leather, smoother but not sharper.  will play with the edge today.

Didn't get to revisor finished with DE. no worries :))

No comments: