Friday, December 30, 2011

Touch up for black russian 5/8 and forestal

had the time to touch up the black russian that I had finished on the Karasu stone and was a bit rough. Did 50 X strokes on the La Veinette on water and it was better but not quite keen enough, so I did a bit more push strokes ( probably 20 each side) then 20 on linen and 40 on leather.

Shaved MUCH better. Still probably needs to be re sharpened on the BBW and progressed up but it was interesting to see how much better the coti was for this

For the Forestal I did 60 X strokes on my fast Les lat coti( triangle) last night on water and then 20 and 30 on linen and leather and it shaved very well today. It is a full hollow and still talks a lot during the shave but it was very keen but smooth.

coming soon!my ozuku asagi!
Interestingly enough I am nicking myself much more with my DE and Feather blade that I use for the last pass than I am with my straights :)) Perhaps I should finish the feathers on my coticules :))

No comments: