Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sheffield 5/8" wedge on Uchigumori



I haven't been posting much but I have been honing and shaving a lot. Got a new 6/8" 65 Russian blade coming and I've pretty much given up on the swedish 4/8" as I can't seem to get it really shave ready no matter what I do.

when I feel like scraping a razor against a stone I play with that one, then test it. It's getting better but it's still not the quality edge I want . I think the blade is warped

But I touched up my Dovo forestal on the Uchi with Karusu slurry and it was magic! 25 laps on slurry and 40 on water and it was like glass!

Did the same thing with my  antique Sheffield 5/8, 30 laps on Karusu Slurry on the Uchi then 40 laps on water and it shaved like a dream today as well! No tape either. I put my time in with this thing before, resetting the bevel and it's held.

I love my Uchigumori stone, and now, realizing the that the Karusu slurry is the best ( plenty of other tests confirmed this) I have my new touch up go to combination. Sweet!

No comments: