Monday, December 17, 2012

My new Cretan is here!

I ordered this from a gentlemen in Greece last month suspecting it was a Cretan hone, although it was advertised as a Turkish Oil stone. I simply love my Cretan that I got from Emmanuel and use it as often as possible.

It's perhaps my favorite stone and I truly believe I would part with my Escher before my Cretan. I know how rare and hard to find these stones are so I jumped t the chance to get another.

And this one is a beauty, too. Darker than my original and it makes slurry virtually with no effort. My original one I have rub the slurry stone on the dry hone to create a powder if I want slurry without using the DMT.

This one is a different story. Here's the top of the new Cretan:


here's the original

the stone on slurry
The bottom of the stone



Used it in a progression on a Henckels and a Dovo tonight and it was,like it's brother, a joy.

We'll see tomorrow but I already am very happy with this purchase.

No comments: