Monday, December 17, 2012

Revised Revisor Redux


So, not satisfied with the Oozuku edge on the 5/8' Revisor I put it back on the Zulu stone, this time ONLY on water, for 50 laps of X strokes. Stropped it 20 on linen and 40 on leather this morning before the shave and it was perfect!

Crazy.

It seems that my Zulu does much better as a finisher on just water and that the slurry tends to dull it a bit. That's what I first did when I got the stone and it worked great. I even felt the same "feel" to the stone that I first did when I got it, that kind of suction of the blade to the stone and a smooth, glassy slide across the hone.

Hey, whatever works.

Second pass was with my 6/8 Ralf Aust square point which I haven't touched in months.  20 and 30 and it was awesome, Nice to see it holds the edge.

No comments: