Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Supreme Custom Wedge and Zulu edge

Wanted to give my Wade and Butcher 7/8 Wedge a day off so I pulled this baby out of the roll and didn't even test it. Just ran it through 60 laps on water on the zulu then 30 laps on linen and 40 on buffalo leather and let it sleep.

this morning another 20 on linen and 30 on leather and the shave was damn near a perfect ONE PASS BBS! This thing has NEVER been this smooth and sharp. As with most full wedges ( even petite ones) it was a silent shave and there was almost nothing to clean up after the first pass!

The Zulu on plain water is for me, without a doubt, my favorite finisher by far! If I had to choose now, I would pick my Cretan, a coticule and the Zulu as my three favorite stones I could live with the rest of my shaving life.

The only thing missing is if I needed a REAL bevel setter and then I would pick the Chosera 800 but the Cretan does a great job on almost all but the most jacked up bevels. Now, which coticule is the question? My Deep Rock one would have to be at the top of the list but the Les Latenuese would be a very close.

No comments: