Sunday, April 29, 2012

Edelweiss vs forestal

Honed my Boker edelweiss on the Oozuku and the Dovo on the Uchi with the same basic protocol last night and had two perfect edges this morning. Actually forgot which blade I used which stone on, which was good as I had a more objective test. I started with the Edelweiss on the right side and did just half then switched to the Dovo for the left side. Virtually identical and just about perfect.

Even the chin was no issue and both were smooth as silk! Switched sides for the second pass to test the opposite side edge and the same result.

I have to say that using the hard uchi slurry stone on the uchigumori base stone brings up slurry much easier than it does on the oozuku. So I bought a oozuku slurry stone from AFrames Tokyo to use as my tomonagura for that rock. HAD to, lol :))

What a pleasure to KNOW I can get this edge every single time I want. I've been practicing devotedly for months now and it's starting to pay off.

Now to master the coticule:))

No comments: