Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oozuku RULES!



Good god.I think I might have figured something out. This one stone hone with my Oozuke asagi and two naguras( a soft uchi  then a hard uchi) have given me the best edges I possibly have ever experienced!

From a dulled blade as well! I re did the tonsorial gem 5/8 which was sharp but scratchy and it was like butter this morning! I also dulled and re sharpened the newest russian 5/8" as well and got the same result!

Like wiping the lather off my face but the beard came with it! No pulling or noise or  resistance,even over the tough chin stubble. Effortless!

Used the Gem for the first pass and that was basically all I needed. A one pass BBS shave but I tested the Russian anyway and wow that cleaned up every last bit, even still with the grain!

AND NO alum block burn at all! wow. crazy nice.

I'll give it a real test today and try the Ramapo wedge,lol. Buzz kill for sure.

No comments: