Tuesday, July 03, 2012

C Mon blackie

This one gave me some trouble for some reason. the first attempts I tried to do a multi stone approach with the jnats as last time the oozuku worked really well. But I think my standard for a shaving edge has changed since then,lol.

I used the Nakayama 2 with soft uchi slurry, then onto the oozuku with tomo slurry and then oozuku with water. So far so good and the edge was advancing nicely. THEN I got greedy and used the uchigumori with karasu slurry and the DULLED it!?! How the hell did that happen?

I tried to revive it with uchigumoro on just water but when I shaved with it yesterday morning it just wasn't sharp enough and pulled a lot. So yesterday afternoon I dulled it on glass and  started over with my friends nakayam asagi and his slurry stone ( not sure what it is).
WOW!

Just like on my japanese chef's knife this thing got sharp in a hurry! I kept it on the slurry, refreshing with water a few times as it got too muddy and then with another slurry rub but it sharpened up VERY well VERY quickly. Some blades just like some stones better and this one liked the asagi quite well

I finished it on the small oozuku on water and the keenness advanced even more. excellent. Some laps on english bridle and then on my buffalo strop and some on the palm and that was it.

SHAVE REPORT:
PERFECT! IN FACT IT WAS SO GOOD I PUT IT BACK UP TO GIVE TO MY FRIEND IN THIS CONDITION! SO NICE WHEN THINGS WORK THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.


NEXT UP KING'S PRIDE RAZOR,REPORT LATER.

No comments: