Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Revisor 6/8" on Slates

This is perhaps my favorite blade. If I had to chose only one to leave the house with in an emergency this would be in the top 3.It just 'fee's right in the hand and shaves like a champ. Hones easily and holds the edge for a long time. But it was a bit touchy today and I wanted to re do it and finish on the Escher to see if it likes that stone.

I mean it should, the blade is German and so is the stone :))
Dull on glass

Chinese 12 k with WT slurry Circles. three rounds and test. shaving arm hair already :))
C12k :20 push strokes
C 12 k 20 X strokes  no dilute


WT base with BG Escher slurry ( light- man I love to make slurry:)) I usually overdo it )
20 X strokes and test: good. dilute one drop
10 strokes and dilute
5 strokes and dilute
4 and dilute
test - great


15 x strokes on plain water test = better


YG Escher on BG slurry
15 X strokes and dilute one drop
8 and dilute one drop
5 and dilute
4 and dilute
3 and dilute
20 on water and test : Awesome!
20 more on water


30 on linen
40 on buffalo( this thing is finally breaking in!)
30 on palm

tests are fantastic. we shall see :))

SHAVE TEST


VERY GOOD. STILL MAKES A LOT OF NOISE AS I SHAVE BUT IT IS SMOOTH AND SHARP. WILL TRY IT'S BROTHER AND SEE IF THAT ALSO MAKES SO MUCH NOISE.COULD JUST BE THE GRIND BUT NOT SURE. ANYWAY THE FINISH WAS AWESOME.

No comments: