Friday, July 06, 2012

Super Gnome and new Russian touch up

I love everything about this blade except how difficult it has been to hone it sharp! The weight the heft and balance the look; everything else is great. But today was different. I tried it first on Morgans  Nakayama and nothing.

Then I had a brilliant idea; use it on the Welsh Thuri and use the blue green escher slurry stone! It worked great! Cut fast and left a very keen edge. I did a rinse dilute and finished on 40 laps on water.

then 30 on linen, 30 on buffalo, 30 on english bridle and 20 on palm and this morning is was PERFECT!!!

Every blade likes a specific type of stone, it seems. Nice

Second touch up was my new Russian '65
Put this on my Deep rock coti with light Les Lat slurry into a dilute. 40 laps on water and this onto my little Les Lat bout for 40 laps on water also
This ALSO was PERFECT! SO nice that I am finally getting the hang of all these coticules. The edges are so so smooth even though they don't test as well  pre shave. but they do the job. This little bout cuts fast on water and still leaves such a smooth edge.

No comments: