Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kinfolk re do



I think I used the Arkie, which is turning out to be quite the finishing stone, too early in the progression yesterday and the edge didn't hold.

SO: re dull and
 Norton 4  k lots of circles, half strokes and X strokes. Not so keen, weird and after I got it pretty sharp did a few more laps of it dulled? on a 4k? strange. SO

Cretan hone on BBW slurry circles and push strokes surprisingly keener

Norton 8 k X strokes. definitely advanced the edge

Arkansas with dmt slurry x strokes and sharper still

WT with DMT slurry , edge went BACKWARDS  so this is less fine than Arkie.

Back to Arkie, edge back :))

Escher on slurry , 20 laps then finish on water 20 laps

buffalo 50 laps
palm 20 laps

then I re did another russian like this



Cretan on dmt slurry = 3-4 k


BBW on BBW slurry= 4-5 k


Les Lat Coti with slurry and then water = 6-8 k


Translucent Arkansas= 8-10 k


Escher on Water = 10+ k


we'll see tomorrow.
I like using the natural stones as much as possible. the synthetics just feel icky and get so nasty as you completely opposite the natural stones. The exception is the Chosera 800k. I love that stone, It feels like its a natural one

SHAVE REPORT:

THIS WENT PERFECTLY! ONE HALF PASS AND I KNEW IT WAS KEEN! VERY NICE!

No comments: