Sunday, July 01, 2012

Friedr Baurmann and Sohne 5/8" Solingen

What a find! I got this early 1900 blade on ebay for $25 buck and it's a beaut!  Bone like scales square point, extra long tail ( which I love),shoulderless and silver bolsters. Great stuff. PLUS it actually came shave ready, unlike almost every other blade I've gotten off the bay.

I was all set to hone it yesterday when I tested it on arm hair, then looked under the scope and decided to shave with it first. No stropping or anything.

Used it on my first pass this morning and it is a winner! Amazing. Someone knows how to hone. Very very keen and smooth,especially for a small blade, full hollow ground as well. I love blades that look like this for some reason. I can really imagine them in a barber shop at the turn of the century being used everyday.

This is one crazy hobby. Or else I'm just crazy,lol. but I love it.

No comments: