Monday, May 14, 2012

63 Russian touch up on La Verte

Aftre me Cretan to Uchi experiment went south I knew i had to bring the edge up with something and I haven't used my La Verte in awhile. It's taken me quite awhile to "get" this coticule but now I think I do. It's a hard stone and great on water to still increase keenness but with it's own slurry it's a decent cutter as well. Just not super fast and not as good on regular coti slurry as it is on DMT tomo slurry

SO DMT slurry and 25 X strokes then dilute one drop water every 5 laps, then every 4 then every 3. Not sure total. THen rinse blade a few more X strokes, then wash it all and 40 laps on water.
40 on linen and 50 on leather. I'm really getting into stropping now> used to hate it because I would consistently dull my edge by stropping.

Technique's better now :))

85 laps on leather for the Revisor and day 9(?) and then
20 laps on palm of hand.

SHAVE REPORT;


PERFECT ON BOTH BLADES. THE RUSSIAN GOT THAT SO SMOOTH COTI EDGE AND WAS BASICALLY A ONE PASS SHAVE. I THINK I HAVE THE COTI DILUTE DOWN FINALLY AND THE LA VERTE IS A GREAT COTICULE. IT'S HARD SO IT LEAVES A BIT MORE KEEN EDGE WHEN DONE RIGHT. THIS WAS VERY NICE. PLUS I LOVE TO HONE ON COTI'S, SUCH GREAT FEEDBACK.


THE REVISOR WAS ALSO PERFECT, PERHAPS EVEN BETTER THAN YESTERDAY! 90 LAPS TODAY AND TOMORROW WILL BE TEN DAYS. I WONDER IF I CAN GET 20 OUT OF THIS. SEEMS LIKE IT SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM

No comments: