Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Next Experiment, from Cretan to Uchi

Someone on Artisan.org, the coticule devotee's website , asked why I didn't finish the blade on the Cretan hone on water before going to the  Welsh Thuringian slurry and I said previous efforts on water were not so good but I also said I would try again and here it is.

I took the tonsorial gem that I shaved with this morning and did 50 laps on water on the Uchi to see if that would improve the edge, and like the champ it is, it did. If hair tests are any indication and they usually are..

So I decided to go right from a Cretan hone to the Uchi and see if that would work
so I dulled a '53 Russian 5/8 and built DMT slurry then on the Cretan

3 laps of circles- shaving hair easily!!!!!
25 X strokes on same slurry
25 X strokes on water  very keen!


then onto the uchi
50 X strokes on water

hairs dying silently off leg  ,lol.

35 laps linen
50 laps leather

test tomorrow but I know it is shave ready sharp AND smooth. The UCHI ROCKS!!!

SHAVE REPORT


THE UCHI DEFINITELY IMPROVED THE EDGE OF THE TONSORIAL GEM, THE RUSSIAN THAT I TOOK FROM THE CRETAN TO THE UCHI WAS GOOD AS WELL, ALTHOUGH NOT EXCELLENT AND THE REVISOR ON DAY 6 IS STILL AS GOOD AS DAY ONE, 80 LAPS ON LEATHER TODAY

No comments: