Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Cretan hone on water from dulled blade


another experiment:

another 5/8  63 Russian blade, dull on glass

25 laps on Cretan on water, X strokes

Shaves arm hair EASY! wow
 25 more laps, keener :))

35 laps linen
60 laps leather

in the mix for tomorrow. this should be interesting. The more I use this blade the nicer it looks and performs and I just got it :))

Also, I used the cretan with the chu nagura slurry and it's wicked sharp very fast. there is a LOT to learn about his hone.

SHAVE REPORT
ACK, NO GOOD. The russian I tried to touch up with DMT slurry seemed the same as yesterday, rough. The one I honed on just water seemed just about the same as the other. I will put them on a coticule or other finisher to see what happens next

The Revisor on just the strop was perfect. Number 2

No comments: