Thursday, February 23, 2012

'58 Russian 5/8" Shave report

Got this blade from St Petersburg off the bay and it actually came semi shave ready! I touched it up on my Nakayama #1 with two slurries and then some X strokes on water on the Oozuku and then did 50 laps on leather to see how it would shave.

It was ok, Definitely not a one pass shave and it was a bit tough on my chin stubble but definitely ok. I really love these Russian blades as they take an edge very easily and hold it well.The AK-47 of razors for sure. They ain't pretty but they are tough and work very well

I now have seven Russians from 1953- 1963 all in 5/8" and all are excellent shavers.

In fact I finished up with my Bridge Russian from '55 and it was perfect.

Later today I will dull and re hone the '58 from the start.

No comments: