Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Revisor thumb notch re do multi national multi cot

Didn't like how it went with the Revisor this morning; having the bring out the oozuku to finish meant I didn't do it right yesterday but also gave me the idea that the oozuku SHOULD be the finishing stone on a multi cot approach.

I mean,why not? why can't I use a japanese fine stone as the finisher on an otherwise european coticule progression? we shall see. It certainly made my edge this morning much keener and smoother instantly. Just on water,too.

So I started over, just like yesterday with the Deep Rock Vintage coticule and creamy slurry.
started cutting on the first set of 30/30. did two then checked. was already starting to shave a little
two more sets and it was cutting arm hair well. so far so good. but now knowing when to stop better onto the la verte and les lat slurry, milky this time
Onto the La Verte and  milky slurry made with the les lat, at least as hard as the verte. milky  now push strokes, 30 in sets of 5. progressing nicely.no dilute

Now onto the les latenuese coticule with les lat slurry watery( or at least I tried to make it)  10 sets of 3 X strokes diluting one drop every 3 strokes

edge went backwards a bit! probably slurry too thick. Damn!

15 more x strokes on pure water. a bit better decided to go on to Oozuku on water and see

25 push strokes on water,sets of five, wow, popping arm hairs, much keener. 10 more slow very light X strokes. Very sharp

30 laps linen
45 laps leather. tests are great, will see tomorrow.

This definitelyshows me how hard the oozuku is, relative to the coti's. good info as well as that I can combine the  coticules and the Japanese stones in a progression successfully.

I wonder what would happen if I did 20-30 laps on the uchigumori after the oozuku :))

next time.

\Shave Report
  Perfect.:)) the multi nat approach worked great with no taping! Just needed two passes with no DE or any cleanup needed. What a difference, not even a hint of drag and very very smooth. Love that.


Did a sideburn pass with my red russian just to see if the edge held up and it did. smooth as silk cutting but just a bit noisy, am I becoming seriously picky or what ? lol. Hey, all I want is perfect edge every time, that's not too much to ask is it?

No comments: