Thursday, February 09, 2012

Little C Mon fits.

As easily as I honed Morgans last C Mon Blackie I thought this one would be a piece of cake too. I couldn't have been more wrong :)) It was a tough bastard. I actually started stopped on it last night as my usual protocols were going  NOWHERE FAST.

 I looked under the scope and the edge was full of microchips and I hadn't done that much honing so I think it was from the blade hitting the scales as it was closed as the pin was totally loose, and the blade rattled around like crazy upon descent.

I actually ended up taping the thing open with electrical tape as I went into X strokes as the constant flopping around was driving me  nuts

It was a 4/8  or 5/8  very light blade

Started with dulling then
BBW slurry and sets of 30 circles. 5 sets and NOTHING
Nouvelle vein ,light slurry and circles, again 5 sets of 30 and nothing

I decided these things AREN'T going to set the bevel and I don't have time to soak the King 1000 so it's onto the DMT 1200.

It's always weird using this thing as it seems like a completely smooth piece of steel; you can't see the rough diamond surface as you can on the 600 side. but it works.

DMT 1200 on water
completely horizontal stokes with both hands on blade
3 -4 laps and cutting arm hair.
Finally getting somewhere
3 more laps of push strokes and it's setting .
thank you :))

Nouvelle vein coticule on light slurry
5 sets of 30 circles
keener.
Nouvelle vein on water
15 X strokes

Le Dressante   light slurry
15 x strokes diluting every 5 reps
15 X strokes on water
much keener.


Chinese 12 k
15 X strokes on water
I  really like this rock on water. It definitely makes things crispier. I like that


Oozuku with hard uchi (light) slurry
15 X strokes
Oozuku on water
15 push strokes

NICE!


Uchigumori
15 X strokes on water.

Super nice!
30 laps linen
50 laps leather.

we shall see tomorrow. Had to bring out all the big guns but I think I got it done. The key, as always, is make sure the  bevel is set before you go onto more finishing stones. :)) duh.


No comments: