Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shave report: First Production Dovo and Ramapo

Day three on the Ramapo and it was even better today than ever! had that very smooth, safe feeling edge that I love so much from the coticule. Like you can't cut yourself although it shaves sharp. Hard to describe unless you feel it. SO many synthetic edges are super sharp, too sharp, and leave you no margin for error. The coticule edges, because they don't leave the sawtooth pattern are much more forgiving.
 
It is so nice to shave with a wedge too, so heavy and solid it just lowers itself and mows the stubble off. Veery good shave. 60 laps on leather last night. We'll see how long the edge last. This was first at bat today.

Second was my 100+ year old First production Dovo crafted by Messr. Flaschner. I just stropped in on leather and it was great as well. It's hard to beat the bevels that Flaschner set on all the blades I got from him.I decided after to put on it my Deep Rock Coticule ( my oldest stone) and did 30 x strokes on water and then 60 laps on leather for tomorrow.

Want to start with it tomorrow and see how it does against the tough stubble ;not batting cleanup:))

Shave Report:
Changed my mind and went with the Vintage 6/8' Revisor as the starting blade. Wow, I love this blade. The weight, balance and feel are just amazing. If I had to choose just one blade to use all the time it would be in the top three for sure.I stropped it 50 times last night on leather and it was good to go this AM. A very clean first pass.

Used the Ramapo for cleanup second pass and it was killer! SO smooth and silent did a great job.and to think I almost threw this out!

No comments: