Sunday, March 04, 2012

6/8 Clauberg Bevel Rest and JNat Hone


As planned I reset the bevel on my 6/8 Clauberg and honed it on my JNats. I never really started from scratch with this one and as it wouldn't take to my touch ups and re do's to get the edge I wanted AND the 4/6 clauberg did so well on the reset I decided to do the same

King 1000 dull blade on glass twice
 half strokes and circles in sets of 30 til it shaved arm hair about 5 sets
bevel already looks polished, I really like this King 1K

Nakayama 1 with soft uchi slurry
sets of 30 circles thick slurry no dilute
shaving arm hair easily

onto hard uchi slurry
30 reps push strokes on sets of 5
keener still

onto hard uchi dilute
sets of 3 X strokes dilute every 3 24 reps

nakayama 1 on water
25 x strokes

tests are good

Uchigumori on water
30 X strokes
NICE!

35 laps linen
50 laps on water

skipped the OOzuki on purpose, haven't found the right part of the progression to put it yet.

maybe this New Yorker like Japan more than Belgium :) We'll see tomorrow.


SHAVE REPORT:


Home run! I guess this New Yorker does like Japan better than Belgium . BUT, I think the real key was resetting the bevel and going from there. Just like the little Clauberg the steel on this razor is excellent and easy to work with; what a difference that makes.
It was sharp, smooth and a very easy shave. Needed no pressure to swipe all the stubble off, almost in one pass. The real test


Second pass was the Vintage 6/8 Revisor which is such an awesome razor. Great shave and way to start the week.

No comments: