Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thiers Issard Mystery solved

Mystery and problem solved: it seems TI blades, at least the one's I've come into contact with, think that they are Wedges! I double taped the Le Grelot and the Super Gnome and they both honed up like champs and had amazing edges and shaves with them! Crazy.

Since nothing else has worked and this technique worked on both of them I have to admit that that was the problem, why it's this way who knows? All I care about is that it does, and does so consistently.

Great, now I don't have to hate my Super Gnome any more:))
Today's shave went great, first pass with the Le Grelot and second with the Sheffield wedge which I just got. Stropped it 40 laps this morning before the shave and it was even quieter than before. I love this blade.

No comments: