Saturday, March 17, 2012

Another go at Le Grelot


I just must not know how to hone Thiers Issard razors. both the 1936 Hospital model Morgan loaned me and my late model super gnome have yet to get the edges I want. I've tried everything, including taping the spine( which resulted on the best Gnome edge so far)

But I wasn't satisfied so I  DOUBLE TAPED the Gnome and decided to just use coticules as the hones, going up progressively.

FINALLY something worked!!! Why it needs two layers of tape I don't know but I figured if it worked on one TI it might on the other so:

Two layers of tape,dull Le Grelot on glass, two downstrokes

BBW slurry( nouvelle vein)
5 sets of 30 circles and then 10 X stroke, no dilute
shaving arm hair like a champ! ( one day soon I am going to do an entire hone on just the BBW)

Deep Rock coticule light slurry
5 ,4,3,2,1 push strokes on slurry then
10 sets of 3 X strokes diluting every 3 rep to water
20 X strokes on water
test: very keen

chinese 12 k on water
25 X strokes( LOVE this stone!)

les Latenuese bout
30 X strokes on water

test: very very nice

30 laps linen
50 laps leather.
tests are good. we'll see tomorrow. If this doesn't do it I give up :)) I'm out of tricks

No comments: