Sunday, March 11, 2012

Three passes, three blades

Since I have so  many razors these days and since I do at least two passes each shave I've decided to use at least two blades each time I shave. that way I get to play with my razors way more often as well as get to hone them more too.

It's my form of fun :))

Today was a great one as I had two new wedges to play with as well as test out my also new 5/8" Clauberg that I touched up on my les latenuese bout yesterday to see if I could bring up the keenness just a bit

I did 30 push strokes in sets of five on the hybrid side and then 25 X strokes on the coti side and sure enough( on water ) this did the trick as I started out the shave with this blade and it made all the right sounds as it plowed through the stubble rubble:))

Next up was my brand new 11/16" Wade and Butcher ( my First!) from Sheffield steel, that came yesterday, and , like the other wedge that I got from RazorSmith on Ebay came with the best  edge I've felt from vendor next to Sham at Razor and Stone ( who will be supplying my next Wade and Butcher blade next week!)

Smooth and sharp, just how it should be. Sharp by itself is easy. Sharp and smooth is not and this gentlemen knows how to put an edge on a blade.

The W&B was perfect and shaved silently as wedges do. I love the wood scales as well( not cocobolo perhaps rosewood, he's not sure) and it handled like a dream.

DIdn't really need a second pass( just tested the clauberg on the first) but did it anyway cause it's fun:))

The New England wedge cleaned up like a champ and barely broke a sweat, lol. Not much left to do.  Most excellent.

No comments: