Friday, March 16, 2012

Wade and Butcher 13/16" Wedge

Ah! My newest Wade and Butcher wedge came in yesterday,honed to perfection by Sham. The man makes the best edges I have ever shaved with and his razor collection is amazing. I didn't even strop it as I knew it would be awesome just off his Escher stone and it was!

A beautiful example of a Sheffield steel antique semi smiling blade with it's silent mowing down of the stubble. Awesome. Heavy, well balanced and just a great shaver out of the box.
I didn't need the second pass but I did it anyway as it was so much fun to shave with a blade that works exactly the way it's supposed to, sharp but oh so smooth.

This is probably  going to end up my number one blade of all. I can feel it.

EDIT;
SHAM TOLD ME THE FINISHING STONE WAS NOT THE ESCHER BUT HIS J NAT. I STAND CORRECTED. :))

No comments: