Wednesday, January 25, 2012

65 Russian Re Re Do with tried and true 3 step progression

This was driving me nuts all day and I couldn't wait to get home to fix it. It was an OK shave but considering this was from Sham and came to me with the best edge I had ever felt before ( his escher no doubt) I had to get it better than this.

So I decided to do the one routine I KNOW always works; at least it has so far: my Nakayana Honyama #1 and three uchigumori slurry progression.

Although I haven't shaved with it yet it seemed to work like a charm

dull blade on glass
soft uchi slurry, thick
4 sets of 30 circles and test. shaves hair and already has crispy sound on skin!
2 more sets of  30 then 20. test. better.
( just like usual! with this stone)

Hard Uchi slurrymedium
45 reps of push strokes in sets of 5 reps no refresh
test better still. nice!

Karasu slurry
15 X strokes and test. sharper!
 Dilute every 3 X strokes
another 21 reps.
test leg hair. very keen

30 laps linen
40 laps leather.

SHAVE REPORT:


PERFECT! ABOUT TIME. THE NAKAYAMA #1 AND THE PROTOCOL WORKED LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO. SHARP AND SMOOTH. ONLY BROUGHT ONE RAZOR TO THE SHAVE AND THAT'S UNUSUAL THESE DAY BUT I'M GETTING BACK TO IT. ONE HONE AND ONE RAZOR, THAT'S WHAT I WANT.
I DON'T WANT A 15 DIFFERENT HONE PROTOCOL, I WANT TO GO FROM DULL TO SHAVE READY WITH ONE STONE AND HAVE THE EDGE LAST .


NOW TO BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME THING WITH A DIFFERENT JNAT HONE. TONIGHTS PROJECT
WHEN THE BLADE IS RIGHT MY TECHNIQUE GETS BETTER,LOL

No comments: