Sunday, January 01, 2012

Russian black 5/8 shave review

again I didn't get to the Revisor as I ended up shaving with the black russian the whole time Went well but not perfect.First pass was good but left  some stubble for sure. Second pass really cleaned things up and I decided to forgo the third pass with the DE, instead I stropped the blade with my CroX linen for 15 laps and see what happened.

Nice cleanup and didn't need the DE. Now I want to play with this edge with my new Nakayama hone and some slurry. Still haven't gotten it super sharp.

Honed A LOT of kitchen knives yesterday and this morning already playing with the Nakayama and the 12k with Tonnin slurry. Fun :))

Edit:

Just touched it up with just the nakayama on slurry

30 or so push laps of 5's with soft uchimugori slurry. no dilute just broke it down. tested arm hair. popping! Nice
then: hard uchimugori slurry 30 X strokes no dilute. hair committing hari kiri as the edge comes close :))
15 or x strokes no slurry on hard karusu slurry stone

going to shave off this, no strop tomorrow and see. Love this stone already:))

EDIT: SHAVE REVIEW


wow! what a difference . amazing. Did the right side of my face so fast I couldn't believe it! It is officialy Super Sharp and JUST as smooth as a coti finish. way too cool. Very cool that it shaved so well with no stropping too.

No comments: